The Seven Last Words of Jesus features:
• A profound and lively reflection on Christ's last words
• Addresses many everyday concerns: marriage, liturgy,suffering, vocations, etc.
• The sacred mysteries of Christ crucified carefullyexplored through the lens of sacred art
• An invaluable companion – a beautiful resource youwill return to throughout the year
• An ideal gift for Catholics and for those who wish tounderstand the mystery of the Cross of Christ. Wellsuited for adult catechetical instruction and RCIA
• Foreword by His Eminence, Edward Cardinal Egan,Archbishop of New York
• Soft cover with flaps – 96 pages – 6 1/8 x 6 1/8 in.
"Father Cessario writes powerfully and lovingly about eachof the seven statements uttered by the Son of God onCalvary's cross and finds in each of them a remarkable expressionof the ‘divine order,' the theme that underlies his entirecomposition. The ease with which he cites Scripture, theFathers and Doctors of the Church, and theologians of all erasnever ceases to amaze. One immediately senses that we arebeing taught and inspired by a deeply committed follower ofthe Lord who loves and reveres all that the Church teaches andearnestly desires to share it with others.
In the name of the thousands who heard Father Cessario onGood Friday 2008 in Saint Patrick's Cathedral and the thousandsmore who will have an opportunity to read and meditatethese pages, and in my own name as well, I express myadmiration and heartfelt gratitude to this extraordinary theologianand preacher."
— From the Foreword by Edward Cardinal EganArchbishop of New York
Sample images from the book: