About Ignatius Press E-Books
We’re very glad you purchased an Ignatius Press ebook. Our ebooks are available in .epub format. For the non-technical among us, .epub is a standard ebook format that works on all kinds of devices including Kindle, Nook, Sony e-reader, Kobo e-reader, iOS, Android, Windows, or Apple computer. Getting ebooks onto your device can be a bit tricky, but we’ll do our best to guide you through the process so you can spend less time fussing with your computer, and more time reading excellent Ignatius Press books.
Please note: Ignatius Press e-books cannot be printed. You will have a maximum five download attempts within 30 DAYS to download your file(s). Please note that we are unable to replace lost, deleted or otherwise misplaced files. We highly recommend that you backup your eBook files.
Reading Ignatius Press e-books on your Nook, Sony e-Reader, Kobo e-Reader
ePub files can be transferred to the various e-readers using the instructions below.Transferring e-books to your Nook, or Sony eReader
- Download your file from Ignatius Press
- Download the free Adobe Digital Editions software here
- Open Adobe Digital Editions
- Add your e-book to Adobe Digital Editions, click Library>Add.
- Connect Nook/Sony reader to computer via USB Cable, you should then see a Nook/Sony reader icon in the left column of Adobe Digital Editions.
- Drag-and-drop your new e-book(s) to the Nook icon. If this is the very first time you've put Adobe Digital Editions content on your Nook/Sony reader, it might ask if you want to authorize your device, you do.
NOTE: A customer informed us that she was able to download her .epub file directly into her Nook by going to her Ignatius Press account through the Nook and downloading the file directly to her Nook from her Ignatius Press account page. We have not tested this, however it worked for her so we wanted to share the info.
Transferring e-books to your Kobo eReader:
You must be connected to the Internet.
- Connect your eReader to your computer using the USB cable.
- Tap Connect on your eReader screen.
- On your computer, go to the folder where your eBook is saved.
- Right-click your book file and select Open With, then Adobe Digital Editions. The program should start automatically, download your book, and open it.
- Click the library icon to switch to your library view.
- Select your new book and drag it to the Kobo eReader bookshelf. Your new book is now ready to read on your eReader.
Reading Ignatius Press e-books on Apple devices
1. Put the books on iCloud Drive. If you have storage limitations, you may have to resort to doing this one at a time.
2. Use the "Files" app to go to iCloud drive.
3. In "Files" app, select the book that you want to put into iBooks.
4. Tap "Share" in the lower left hand corner of the "Files" app, and select "Open in iBooks".
5. This will take you to the iBooks app, with the book open.
6. Tap the "Share" icon on the top left, and select "Copy to iBooks".
If you need assistance transferring your Kindle files to your Kindle device(s), please refer to Amazon or follow instructions on this link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle.
Read ePub e-books inside Firefox
Firefox users can download EPUBReader, a free add-on that lets you read the contents of any ePub book right inside their favorite browser without requiring any special software.
In regular course, if you click on a link that points to an ePub file, Firefox will prompt you to to save that file onto the hard-drive but with this add-on installed, the ebook will directly open inside your Firefox tab like any other web page.
Additionally, you can open any ePub file that's on your desktop using the File -> Open File menu in Firefox. All the ebook are automatically stored in your Firefox profile under a separate sub-directory.
Due to the fact that new e-readers are introduced on a fairly regular basis, it is hard for Ignatius Press to provide download instructions for all e-readers. If you own a device that we do not list, and it's not clear how to transfer or download your Ignatius Press e-book, please refer to your user manual, or email customer service associated with your product.
Enjoy your Ignatius Press e-book!