This ebook cannot be sold to the United Kingdom.
This book separates fact from fiction. Without excusing or justifying wrongdoing, author Christopher Kaczor clarifies official Catholic teaching and demonstrates that much popular opinion about Catholicism is based on misunderstanding and misinformation. He also provides robust and lucid arguments for Catholic belief and practice.
No one book can answer everyone's questions or objections about Catholicism, but this work examines seven of the most controversial and most common myths about the Catholic Church.
The Seven Myths:
The Church Opposes Science: The Myth of Catholic Irrationality
The Church Opposes Freedom and Happiness: The Myth of Catholic Indifference to Earthly Welfare
The Church Hates Women: The Myth of Catholic Misogyny
Indifferent to Love, the Church Banned Contraception: The Myth of Opposition between Love and Procreation
The Church Hates Gays: The Myth of Catholic "Homophobia"
The Church Opposes Same-Sex Marriage Because of Bigotry: The Myth That There Is No Rational Basis for Limiting Marriage to One Man and One Woman
Priestly Celibacy Caused the Crisis of Sexual Abuse of Minors: The Myth of Priestly Pedophilia
"Kudos to Christopher Kaczor for a book that should be read not only by any Christian from the age of reason on up, but also and especially by the Critics of Perpetual Indignance. Intellectually relentless yet engagingly sincere, The Seven Big Myths About the Church is a rhetorical demolition derby of some of the most cherished -- and toxic -- lies of our time."
- Mary Eberstadt, Author, Adam and Eve After the Pill
- Most Reverend José H. Gomez, Archbishop of Los Angeles p>"All of this book is full of clarity and charity, but two chapters are masterpieces each worth ten times the price of the whole book. The chapter on contraception is the most simple, commonsensical, winsome, and persuasive I have ever seen. The chapter on same-sex marriage has the clearest and the completest logic I have ever read on the subject."
- Peter Kreeft, Boston College, Author, Because God Is Real
"In my own pilgrimage back to the Catholic Church was the growing realization, as a consequence of study and reflection, that much of what I had believed about the Church, its doctrines, and its practices was mistaken. This is why I find Professor Kaczor's book to be so important."
- Francis J. Beckwith, Professor of Philosophy, Baylor University
- J. Budziszewski, Author, What We Can't Not Know: A Guide p>"Every seminary, every RCIA program, every parish effort in continuing education should make The Seven Big Myths about the Catholic Church required reading."
- Ronald K .Tacelli, SJ, Author, Handbook of Catholic Apologetics
"Whether it's the idea that the Church is anti-science, anti-women, anti-sex, or what have you, people can't resist a juicy myth about the Catholic Church. That's what makes Dr. Christopher Kaczor's book so timely. He cuts through the myth to expose the truth."
- Jimmy Akin, Author, The Fathers Know Best
- Patrick Coffin, Host, Catholic Answers Live